Paper Submission 2015
The paper submission site for the 2014 American Finance Association annual conference is now CLOSED. The deadline for submissions was Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 5 pm (EST).
Important: At least one author must be a current member of the AFA to submit a paper. Click here to join the AFA online.
FAQ for the Paper Submission Process
The 2015 Conference paper submission process will continue to be hosted by Conference Maker this year. (The paper submission mechanics for AFA conferences are entirely separate from the Journal of Finance paper submission process, so this change has no effect whatsoever on the Journal of Finance process.)
In the long run, we expect that this change will improve the AFA’s program selection process. However, the notes below are intended to answer questions that might arise in the new submission process.
- The paper submission website works best with Chrome or Firefox. If you are using Internet Explorer, please make sure that you do not use any special characters (e.g.: ä or é) when you are entering information into the form fields. You will receive a warning after you submit your paper reminding you to take a look at your entries, just in case any of the characters weren’t recognized.
- In the “area” field, please choose the topic that most closely matches the topic of your paper.
- After you click on the submit button, there will be some text at the top of the next page telling you that your paper is uploading. Immediately after that, you will have a line that tells you whether or not your submission was successful. If it is, then the submission process is done.
- You can check that your paper was uploaded correctly by clicking on the "My Submissions" link in the navigation bar.
- If you have any problems or question, please contact Patrick Bolton (email@example.com) for assistance.
Last revised: January 28, 2014