Title: Assistant Controller
- Reference #: 35173727
- Employer: UTC Carrier
- Website: http://carrier.contacthr.com/35173727
- Salary: Competitive
- Working hours: 40
- Location: Farmington, CT
- Job Description:
We are looking for a Assistant Controller who will be responsible for managing the worldwide Refrigeration accounting and business controls. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, providing guidance and support to local finance teams, coordinating Sarbanes-Oxley 404 program, ACA performance, audit readiness and this role will work closely with the Controller to ensure compliance across all Refrigeration entities. Additional responsibilities include assisting the regional controllers with Accounting Control Assessments (ACA's) and to coordinate internal audits across all Refrigeration entities. Additional responsibilities would include acquisition integration support from a finance and accounting perspective, process analysis and support, and involvement in the quarterly 302 process. This position reports to the Refrigeration Controller
• Provide accounting and controls guidance and support to local finance teams
• Ensure 100% SOX compliance across all Refrigeration entities
• Manage quarterly 302 certification process
• Ensure ACA reviews are performed and reported timely across Refrigeration entities
• Perform selected ACA reviews within Americas region
• Act as liaison between WHQ and local finance teams
• Monitor, follow up and report on various controls metrics throughout year
• Work closely with recently acquired entities on finance integration
• Ensure our entities maintain a state of audit readiness
• Perform ad hoc projects as needed
• Assist Refrigeration Controller as and when needed
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related subject with 6-10 years of related experience or masters degree in accounting, finance or related subject with 4-7 years related experience.
Minimum 7+ years of related business experience with proven project management experience. CPA preferred. A working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and business controls is required.
Candidate should possess excellent communication skills and project management skills, and the ability to interact across functions and with all levels.
We recognize the contributions of our employees by providing competitive wages and a wide array of benefits including UTC Choice health and welfare plans, financial security plans, paid time off, health and wellness services, and many more employee and family services. We also make the necessary investments in the success of our workforce with an unequaled commitment to continued training and education a commitment exemplified by our groundbreaking Employee Scholar Program.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Contact Details: Human Resources
- Other Info:
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: http://carrier.contacthr.com/35173727