Manager of Procurement & Finance Operations
Title: Manager of Procurement & Finance Operations
- Employer: FlU -- Florida International University
- Location: Miami, Florida, United States, 33199
- Job Description:
Manager of Procurement & Finance Operations
Florida International University is a comprehensive university offering 340 majors in 188 degree programs in 23 colleges and schools, with innovative bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs across all disciplines including medicine, public health, law, journalism, hospitality, and architecture. FIU is Carnegie-designated as both a research university with high research activity and a community-engaged university. Located in the heart of the dynamic south Florida urban region, our multiple campuses serve over 50,000 students, placing FIU among the ten largest universities in the nation. Our annual research expenditures in excess of $100 million and our deep commitment to engagement have made FIU the go-to solutions center for issues ranging from local to global. FIU leads the nation in granting bachelor’s degrees, including in the STEM fields, to minority students and is first in awarding STEM master’s degrees to Hispanics. Our students, faculty, and staff reflect Miami’s diverse population, earning FIU the designation of Hispanic-Serving Institution. At FIU, we are proud to be ‘Worlds Ahead’! For more information about FIU, visit fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Manager of Procurement & Finance Operations to join our team of professionals.
• Manages the procurement of commodities, equipment, materials and
• Services for the proper functioning of the College of Medicine and FIU Health. Works jointly with the Office of the Controller's Purchasing Services division to accomplish the needs of both entities.
• Develops purchasing procedures and best practices in accordance with established University purchasing policies and BOG Regulations and establishes relationships with relevant vendors to search for the optimal product or service suitable for the College of Medicine.
• Partners closely with principal investigators and other key stakeholders within the College of Medicine to ensure that procurement needs are met timely, efficiently manner and in compliance with state law and University rules, regulations, and policy.
• Researches and assists in establishing term contracts, to include writing of technical bid specifications working jointly with the Purchasing Services Competitive Solicitation Unit.
• Leads negotiations, formulate negotiation strategies, develop complex specifications and conduct market research to assist key stakeholders within the College of Medicine in the procurement process in conjunction with Purchasing Services Competitive Solicitation Unit.
• Supervises the day to day functions of the Financial Operations Assistant regarding 1) Processing of all internal payments for the COM and FIU COM Foundation accounts; 2) Review of all travel reimbursements; and 3) Centralized Catering
• Monitors of assets and attractive property within the COM in conjunction with COM IT.
• Prepares reports to ensure that all assets are accounted for and can be easily identified when necessary.
• Coordinates with Central Purchasing and Asset Management departments within the university with respect to the most efficient methods on tracking and accounting for such equipment especially as it relates to those items that are off campus.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Oversees the centralized travel process for the HWCOM with direct supervisory responsibility for the HWCOM Travel Specialist whose role is to manage the process, from the creation of the travel authorization (TA) to submission of the travel reimbursement.
• Collaborates and works closely with the College's Legal team and Purchasing Services Competitive Solicitation Unit in establishing term contracts, including but not limited to the writing of technical bid specifications.
• Develops, communicates and updates policies and procedures in relation to COM Finance Operations. Creates and updates operational procedures to ensure efficient operations and that compliance objectives under financial operations are met.
• Leads projects that will enhance the procurement function for the COM related to updates to Panthersoft and other ERP systems.
• Sets Service Level Agreements (SLA) for COM Operations. Creates metrics to monitor that SLA's are on target and if not makes necessary recommendations and change to meet desired target.
• Meets year end deadlines by assuring all encumbrances are released or expensed by COM.
• Supervises the University credit card administration for COM. Manages the dissemination and the termination of all credit cards within COM. Updates and provides training to all credit card approvers while serving as a resource for all transactions.
• Works closely with the department Director in the annual budget development with COM Financial Planning as necessary.
Master's degree in an appropriate specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization
and two years of experience.
Experience in health care procurement.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 507895. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dhy73kj