Asset Allocation Strategist
Title: Asset Allocation Strategist
- Reference #: 05491
- Employer: T. Rowe Price
- Website: http://www.troweprice.com/careers
- Salary: competitive
- Location: Baltimore, MD
- Job Description:
The Asset Allocation Strategist would provide empirical and fundamental support for the principles that guide our weighting decisions, across all asset classes. The individual will work both independently and in collaboration with other analysts to research and develop an investment thesis for key asset weighting decisions based on empirical, academic, and other research based considerations, in the process both leveraging and improving our quantitative research on those subjects. In addition the Asset Allocation Strategist will be requested to contribute to a wide range of special projects or topics that will naturally arise from within the growing complexity of our investment universe. Finally, the Asset Allocation Strategist is expected to add value in the continued innovation around both existing investment strategies and the development of new asset allocation offerings where appropriate.
Communication/influencing based on research Provides support in articulating the collective view of asset allocation research and the reasoning behind those views; integrates and influences the views of the Asset Allocation committee; uses research to inform and/or validate investment decisions by fund managers and other internal.
Subject Matter Expert
Serves as subject matter expert on contemporary academic research, state of the art thinking, and best practices. Builds and maintains a strong network of external contacts. Digs in to concepts that are relevant to our work and follows up - beyond the published work - to learn more details. Makes recommendations to incorporate relevant academic research in to our quantitative research practices - how does the external research translate into our investment process? Encourages intellectual debate among peers regarding relevant research.
Managing the execution of the research on assigned topics, including providing day to day direction and coaching of research associates assigned to projects. Providing thought leadership and direction to priorities of the overall research agenda.
Conducts independent, rigorous, proprietary research on assigned topics to inform our key weighting decisions. Research should appropriately challenge, or underwrite, our quantitative research. Provides proprietary coverage in quantitative research methods. The analyst is also expected to follow external research (academic and industry) in their area of responsibility.
Special projects and topics
Independently or in collaboration with others will conduct research on a variety of topics, serve on project teams, participate in new product design, represent the Firm at conferences or client meetings, and a variety of other special assignments.
* Sophisticated and varied capital markets background, coming from an academic/research angle
* Graduate degree in economics, finance, or a related field
* Robust quantitative analysis skills (statistics/econometrics; optimization), informed by graduate level coursework in those areas
* At least two years of relevant capital markets experience
* Demonstrated leadership experience: track record of influencing within a larger organization, ability to "stand behind" your work with the right blend of confidence and humility/openness
* Research mindset: high degree of curiosity, empirically driven, open minded, focus on the facts
* Superb communicator. Needs to be able to listen well (understand the "question behind the question"), and translate the work back into a delivery model that can be absorbed by our more fundamentally oriented audience
* High degree of pragmatism and tolerance for ambiguity
o We are looking for scientific rigor, but only insofar as it makes a difference for our investment process
o The nature of our installed base of business and organically grown investment process impose de-facto constraints on feasibility/usefulness that might be frustrating to someone taking a more "purist" approach
o Most of the projects will begin with broad concepts and incumbent will need to be able to assist in defining scope - goal posts are likely to move over time
* Willingness to pursue CFA designation if not already attained
* Ph.D. in economics (with a capital market focus), finance, or a related field
* CFA Charter holder
* Prior buy side investment experience with broad capital markets/asset allocation exposure
* 5+ years of relevant capital markets/leadership experience
* Management experience
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should apply to www.troweprice.com/careers REQ 05491
- Contact Details: Bonnie Lilly, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-345-4816