Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance
Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance
- Employer: California State University Monterey Bay
- Location: Seaside, California, United States, 93955
- Job Description:
POSITION Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance
TYPE Tenure-Track; ABD can apply
• Teaching lower and upper division courses as well as graduate level courses.
• Developing an effective curriculum, benchmarking the best teaching practices of finance in higher education.
• Creating a demonstrable commitment to research following Academically Qualified expectations as outlined by the AACSB. A track record of published research is critical, especially for those candidates seeking a position as associate professor.
• Demonstrating capability in engaging student learning in an outcomes-based education environment.
• Engaging with finance community and other stakeholders; a professional network is critical.
• Participating actively, exercising collaborative peer leadership college and university committees
• Willingness to mentor students, and enable their career goals through introduction and referrals to financial professional firms, accrediting bodies, etc.
• Teaching 12 credits (usually three courses) per semester; this is a typical faculty load.
(MINIMUM) • Ph.D. in finance, by the time of appointment, from a regional and/or AACSB accredited doctoral program.
• Passionate about teaching preferably evidenced by good student evaluations; must be able to demonstrate teaching capabilities.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues is essential.
• Ability to teach effectively in a wide range of courses, mostly in finance.
• Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community and business community.
• Since CSUMB's business community is composed of agriculture, hospitality, and small businesses, knowledge and experience with these stakeholders are preferred.
• Work experience in business related to discipline is preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas are desirable.
BACKGROUND CHECK As part of the employment process, California State University, Monterey Bay verifies statements made regarding employment history, academic credential/degree completion, and conducts a criminal history check.
JOB POSTING DATE 6/15/14
SCREENING BEGINS 1/15/15
APPOINTMENT DATE Fall 2015
APPLY All prospective applicants must apply on-line at https://mocha.csumb.edu/uhr/jobs/login_applicant.jsp
CAMPUS HOUSING http://csumb.org/cehi/
VISION STATEMENT http://csumb.edu/site/x11547.xml
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wp4nscp