Senior Financial Management Officer
Title: Senior Financial Management Officer
- Employer: UNRWA
- Location: Amman, Jordan
- Job Description:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff.
Senior Financial Management Officer, Amman multiple - consultancy vacancies
The purpose of these consultancy assignments is to provide professional surge capacity assisting the Chief, Accounts Division /Chief, Budget Division in the implementation of the new Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) finance modules to ensure proper accounting and reporting of financial transactions of the agency in compliance with IPSAS.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Senior Financial Management Officers will work in the Finance Department, reporting to the Chief of Accounts/Budget. The Senior Financial Management Officers will work closely with Finance staff.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides assistance in the establishment and updating of appropriate financial management information systems and in the development of budgetary systems and procedures; draft technical instructions and plans and implement training programme on budgetary techniques for the Finance and Administrative staff;
• Contributes and carries out related activities with respect to development and implementation of ERP modules;
• Provides a lead role in collating finance department requirements and takes primary responsibility in data conversion, training and support activities in the implementation of the new ERP system;
• Provides financial accounting guidance and training to finance staff regarding changes to the Agency’s existing and future ERP system;
• Develops and updates Financial Policies, Procedures, and Technical Instructions in accordance with the Agency’s newly issued International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) compliant Financial Regulations;
• Provides support and testing to IPSAS-related information systems solutions;
• Provides a lead role in liaising with the ERP team in testing and proving that the accounting treatment of transactions in the “to be” developed new ERP solution is IPSAS compliant in all functional respects;
• Coordinates implementation of new processes and systems in cooperation with senior staff in the Finance Department and with Heads of Field Finance Offices (HFFOs).
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Advanced university degree in accounting, finance, public or business administration, or related field.
• Membership in a professional body of accountants (e.g., Institute of Chartered Accountants, Institute of Certified Public Accountants).
• Eight years' experience in the application of the knowledge acquired, including at least five years at the senior supervisory level in a large and dynamic organization.
• Thorough knowledge of financial accounting standards, computerized finance and procurement systems;
• Ability to develop and implement appropriate finance policies and technical instructions;
• Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with staff and clients of the Finance Department; including the ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and in multiple locations;
• Ability to take initiative, coordinate and integrate multiple inputs to generate common approaches or frameworks;
• Ability to apply conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in accounting operations;
• Ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate options and make conclusions and recommendations;
• Demonstrated experience in interpretation of international accounting standards and preparation of financial statements within an ERP environment;
• Demonstrated experience in implementation phases of finance / budgetary / grant modules in an ERP system to ensure the business requirements are met;
• Demonstrated experience in at least one phase of the ERP implementation cycle: design / configuration; testing; data conversion; development of procedures; training; cutover; live support etc.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
• The duration of this assignment will be 12 months, starting as soon as possible.
• Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the title of this consultancy “Senior Financial Management Officer” in the subject line of the message.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 8 May 2014. (Late applications will not be considered).
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both qualified and experienced women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from female candidates. Only those applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
- Application Deadline: 8 May 2014
- Contact Details: email@example.com