Quantitative Analyst – Equity
Title: Quantitative Analyst – Equity
- Reference #: 04771
- Employer: T. Rowe Price
- Website: http://www.troweprice.com/careers
- Location: Baltimore, MD
- Job Description:
Founded in 1937, Baltimore-based T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (troweprice.com) is a global investment management organization. The organization provides a broad array of mutual funds, subadvisory services, and separate account management for individual and institutional investors, retirement plans, and financial intermediaries. The company also offers sophisticated investment planning and guidance tools. T. Rowe Price's disciplined, risk-aware investment approach focuses on diversification, style consistency, and fundamental research.
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Quantitative analysts are expected to make significant contributions to the Equity Division's quantitative research and development efforts. This position focuses on quantitative research for building global stock selection models and to support the expansion of the quantitative research group's activities including supporting the fundamental portfolio managers. The group manages $2.5 billion and consists of 6 members.
Independently research, analyze, and model quantitative research topics relevant to stock selection and portfolio management.
Perform quantitative / statistical research on financial data to develop new, and improve current stock selection models in collaboration with existing research team.
Conduct research and analysis on other investment management research topics, such as attribution and portfolio construction.
Keep abreast of industry and academic research and implement new research ideas.
Consult for fundamental Portfolio Managers and Analysts in using quantitative stock selection models.
• BA/BS with strong credentials/strong academic background and work experience.
• Technical or statistical programming skills with a demonstrated ability to apply those skills to modeling problems.
• Excellent communications and inter-personal skills with the ability to excel in a dynamic and interactive team environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
• Exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
• A graduate degree such as Ph.D., MBA / MS in Finance or Accounting or an MBA with a Quantitative Finance specialization is strongly preferred.
• Completion of or progress towards CFA or comparable designation. Commitment to obtain a CFA charter.
• Prior experience in the financial services industry in quantitative equity research.
• Programming experience in SPlus or R.
• Experience conducting empirical research and working with large data sets
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Other Info:
Please apply online to www.troweprice.com/careers REQ 04771