Assistant or Associate Professor in the Areas of Finance, Economics or International Business/Manage
Title: Assistant or Associate Professor in the Areas of Finance, Economics or International Business/Manage
- Employer: Webster University Vienna
- Website: http://www.webster.ac.at/
- Salary: € 50,000 – € 60,000 (annually)
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Job Description:
The Vienna Campus of Webster University is seeking a proven research-focused candidate to join our growing faculty in Business and Management. The candidate will be an individual who has embarked on a successful career through their academic work to date, and is now looking to move to the next stage in an environment which values research excellence and creative pedagogy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to make a significant contribution to the field of expertise by publishing in internationally recognized refereed academic journals. S/he will be contributing to teaching in the undergraduate and graduate programs. The position entails a 3-3 teaching load including core courses in finance/economics/ international business. Furthermore, s/he will contribute to the curricular and co-curricular development of the department and be able to assume some administrative responsibilities at the departmental level. The initial contract will be for three years with the opportunity of extension and promotion.
Compensation: for assistant professor EUR 50,000 (annually) and above depending on experience and publication record; for associate professor EUR 60,000 and above depending on experience and publication record. Compensation includes full insurance benefits of the Austrian Social insurance system.
Applicants are to meet the following criteria:
• A PhD in Finance, Economics, or International Business (for the senior position: Habilitation or equivalent)
• A solid track record of continuous high-impact research (appropriate for the level of appointment)
• Previous university-level teaching experience, preferably at English-language institutions, and demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence
• Proven ability to conduct successful grant-writing
• Demonstrated ability to contribute to a collegial and intellectual environment
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Substantial professional experience in the subject area
• Working knowledge of German
Interested candidates are asked to apply on-line using WUV’s electronic application form accessible at, www.webster.ac.at/about-webster/job-vacancies (Simply select the position, Assistant or Associate Professor in the Areas of Finance, Economics or International Business/Management, and you will be directed to the application form).
Please make sure to include your CV (incl. publication list), the names and contact details of three references, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to the Search Committee, c/o Julie Newman, Head Academic Coordinator. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com .
Application deadline: March 15, 2014
Starting Date of Appointment: September 1, 2014
Webster University Vienna is one of eight international campuses of Webster University in St. Louis, USA. For more than 30 years Webster’s Vienna campus is providing a high standard of education in Austria with dual accreditation, by the Higher Learning Commission in the US and by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Austria. For details on Webster Vienna and Webster Worldwide, see http://www.webster.ac.at/
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2014
- Contact Details: Julie Newman, Head Academic Co, firstname.lastname@example.org, +43 1 269 9293 3