Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance
Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance
- Employer: California State University Monterey Bay
- Location: Seaside, California, United States, 93955
- Job Description:
• Teaching lower and upper division courses as well as graduate level courses.
• Developing an effective curriculum, benchmarking the best teaching practices of finance in higher education.
• Creating a demonstrable commitment to research following Academically Qualified expectations as outlined by the AACSB. A track record of published research is critical, especially for those candidates seeking a position as associate professor.
• Demonstrating capability in engaging student learning in an outcomes-based education environment.
• Engaging with finance community and other stakeholders; a professional network is critical.
• Participating actively, exercising collaborative peer leadership college and university committees
• Willingness to mentor students, and enable their career goals through introduction and referrals to financial professional firms, accrediting bodies, etc.
• Teaching 12 credits (usually three courses) per semester; this is a typical faculty load.
• PhD in finance, by the time of appointment, from a Regional and/or AACSB accredited doctoral program.
• Passionate about teaching preferably evidenced by good student evaluations; must be able to demonstrate teaching capabilities.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues is essential.
• Ability to teach effectively in a wide range of courses, mostly in finance.
• Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
• Since CSUMB's business community is composed of agriculture, hospitality, and small businesses, knowledge and experience with these stakeholders are preferred.
• Work experience in business related to discipline is preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas are desirable.
BACKGROUND CHECK Appointment subject to a criminal background check
JOB POSTING DATE 10/22/2013
SCREENING BEGINS 1/31/2014
APPOINTMENT DATE Fall 2014
APPLY All prospective applicants must apply on-line at https://mocha.csumb.edu/uhr/jobs/login_applicant.jsp
CAMPUS HOUSING http://csumb.org/cehi/
VISION STATEMENT http://csumb.edu/site/x11547.xml
ABOUT CSUMB http://catalog.csumb.edu/introduction/csumb-overview