Title: Quantitative Researcher
- Reference #: 133512
- Employer: BlackRock
- Website: http://www.blackrock.com/
- Salary: Competitive
- Working hours: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Job Description:
Risk and Quantitative Analysis (“RQA”) is a team of over 200 investment professionals globally responsible for providing independent risk management and quantitative analysis for the full suite of BlackRock investment products. RQA works closely with the portfolio management team in helping construct portfolios that are consistent with client expectations in terms of risk and return.
The Risk Methodologies team within RQA is a dedicated quantitative research group tasked with working directly with portfolio and risk management teams to develop analytics used in risk management and portfolio construction. Given the diversity of business objectives within BlackRock, the models developed and supported by Risk Methodologies span a wide array of financial products, ranging from equity to fixed income to derivatives. The team is looking for an outstanding researcher to join the team and conduct high quality empirical research to help risk and portfolio managers better understand the risks in their portfolios and in the market.
The researcher’s primary job responsibility is to develop methodologies and analytics to help portfolio and risk managers manage liquidity risk, market risk, and credit risk
• Market Risk: Develop factor risk models across asset classes. New methodologies for measuring and managing volatility and tail risk and constructing realistic stress scenarios. Work with portfolio managers to design optimal hedging strategies.
• Liquidity Risk: Developing models of expected cost and market impact from trading.
• Credit Risk: Models to evaluate concentration risk and exposure to correlation and default risk in portfolios.
Additional job responsibilities include working with portfolio management teams on bespoke projects supporting their investment processes. The successful candidate will also be expected to remain up-to-date on developments in quantitative methodologies and empirical finance.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality empirical research and a passion for thinking critically about financial markets
• Strong background in financial econometrics and empirical finance
• Experience in working with large data sets and familiarity in dealing with common data problems
• Ability to apply academic research to real-world issues and present concise explanations of complex analyses
• PhD in Economics, Finance, or closely related discipline
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Prior experience with statistical software (e.g. R, S-PLUS, MATLAB, SAS) and strong background in programming
• Prior work experience in financial modeling (e.g. risk models, analytics) is a strong plus
Please include a cv, transcripts, reference letters, and job market paper with your application.
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
- Application Deadline: December 27, 2013
- Interview Date: January 3&4, 2014
- Contact Details: Hanna Park, Hanna.firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-670-4880
- Other Info:
Please apply with the following link: https://blackrock.taleo.net/careersection/BR_Exec_CS/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=133512&src=PA-10030