Global Macro Researcher
Title: Global Macro Researcher
- Reference #: 133425
- Employer: BlackRock
- Website: http://www.blackrock.com/
- Salary: Competitive
- Working hours: Full-time
- Location: New York (or possibly London)
- Job Description: BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms. It provides global investment management, risk management, and advisory services that are designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets.
The Multi-Asset Portfolio Strategies (MAPS) group is a team of 15 investment professionals focused on managing global macro strategies including global tactical asset allocation, growth, and income funds that invest in all asset classes.
MAPS is seeking at least two individuals to conduct original research and generate alpha ideas that forecast excess returns. The successful candidates will demonstrate outstanding empirical research skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a passion for thinking critically about financial markets across asset classes. Work experience in financial markets expected for a more senior hire.
• Conduct original research that forecasts returns in/across the following asset classes: bonds, equities, commodities, and currencies.
• Remain up-to-date on developments in global financial markets and economics.
• Work as part of a global team to maximize client returns.
• Impeccable character with high ethical and quality standards.
• An advanced degree in an appropriate field.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct high-quality empirical research.
• Proven ability to work independently with limited oversight
• Creativity and capability to move from ideas to implementable investment insights.
• Confidence to credibly represent the firm and to champion new products/ideas internally.
• Ability to interact with clients
• Passion for generating excess returns for clients
- Application Deadline: December 27, 2013
- Interview Date: TBD
- Other Info: Please request that candidates apply through - https://blackrock.taleo.net/careersection/BR_Exec_CS/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=133425&src=PA-10030