- Employer: QMS Capital Management
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Durham, NC
- Job Description:
QMS Capital Management is looking to hire quantitative researchers to help develop both statistical and structural models using market-based and economic data for global currency, equity, fixed income, and commodity markets. QMS’s research culture offers a unique blend of academic rigor and practical implementation. The ideal candidate will be well trained in a quantitative discipline, creative, independent, and able to collaborate in a team research environment.
• Develop proprietary datasets to propel research in new directions
• Conduct leading edge statistical and economic based research for various asset classes
• Actively participate in various parts of the investment process, including portfolio management, risk management, portfolio construction & optimization, backtesting and performance attribution
• MS or PhD in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related quantitative discipline
• Strong statistical and mathematical modeling skills
• Solid knowledge and experience with statistical programming languages, preferably Matlab
• Experience with relational databases and SQL
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Openness to new challenges, ideas and approaches
• Detail oriented
QMS Capital Management is an alternative investment management firm applying sophisticated quantitative methods to investing in financial markets. The firm’s approach blends academic research, extensive asset management experience, and state of the art technology to serve its clients. QMS Capital has been building investment research and trading tools since 2009 and began investing in liquid global markets in 2010. QMS Capital is a CFTC registered Commodity Trading Advisor and Commodity Pool Operator.
Please submit cover letter, resumes, research sample, and reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will conduct interviews at the AFA conference, Jan. 3-5, 2014.
- Contact Details: email@example.com