Title: Senior Researcher
- Employer: Research Affiliates, LLC
- Website: http://www.rallc.com
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Newport Beach, CA
- Job Description:
Research Affiliates is a global leader in innovative investing and asset allocation strategies. Dedicated to solving complex investment issues, we create innovative strategies that respond to the current needs of the marketplace. Our competitive edge is the strength of our research and product development capability. Leveraging its strong research focus, RA distributes products in partnership with some of the world’s leading financial institutions. These affiliations take the form of direct asset management, sub-advisory services, and licensing agreements.
For this position, primary responsibilities include conducting quantitative research in analyzing asset allocation, fixed-income and equity strategies strategy characteristics and efficiently communicating them to the marketplace. The successful candidate should possess Ph.D. level training in financial economics, empirical asset pricing, econometrics, derivatives pricing, and continuous time finance. Strong data management and programming skills are essential. The candidate should also have experience in conducting long term projects in independent research and should be able to publish in practitioner journals. The researcher is expected to have strong teamwork skill and can actively discuss and debate theories and empirical methods with other researchers of similar trainings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work on directed projects in quantitative strategies assigned by the Research team executive officers
• Publish journal articles in practitioner journals and present research at conferences
• Assist in due diligence meetings to provide technical support to client facing team
• Light travel possible
Education and Experience:
• Ph.D. Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Business, or Economics.
• If Ph.D. is not in Finance or Economics, should have MFE or equivalent
• Experience as research assistant to finance or economics professors highly desired
• Intern experience at a quantitative asset manager a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong intuition of capital markets and investment concepts
• Team player and self-motivated and able to effectively and efficiently manage in a collaborative environment
We will conduct interviews with selected candidates at the 2014 AEA/AFA meeting.
Please submit resumes (if available, include job market paper and letters of recommendation) via e-mail using the subject line “AFA 2014” to Denis Chaves: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: 12/31/2013
- Contact Details: Denis Chaves, email@example.com