Assistant/Associate Professor(s) in Finance
Title: Assistant/Associate Professor(s) in Finance
- Employer: VU University Amsterdam -The Netherlands
- Website: http://www.feweb.vu.nl/finance
- Location: Amsterdam
- Job Description:
ABOUT THE POSITION(S)
The School of Finance and Risk Management at VU University Amsterdam seeks applicants at both junior or senior levels to contribute to the group's ambition for excellence in research and teaching. We invite applicants from all areas of finance, but have a particular interest for candidates with a corporate finance or banking interest.
Successful candidates hold a Ph.D. degree or are close to completion and have a high potential in terms of academic research and teaching. For vacancies at senior levels, we require a demonstrated track record of high quality publications in peer reviewed top journals, such that applicants qualify for fellowship of the Tinbergen Institute and Duisenberg school of finance.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Amsterdam School of Finance and Risk Management at VU University Amsterdam is a young ambitious group contributing to the school's undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, and executive level programs in finance and financial management. We host a large number of different nationalities to create a stimulating research environment with a focus on excellence. We are internationally oriented, and hold good contacts with US academia. The group actively participates in Tinbergen Institute, one of Europe's top research institutes in economics and finance, and is a founding partner of Duisenberg school of finance. These initiatives underline the current momentum and atmosphere for good Finance research in Amsterdam.
VU University Amsterdam is located near Amsterdam's new financial center (the 'Zuid-As'). The school entertains good contacts with the local and European financial industry. Amsterdam Schiphol international airport is at a convenient 10min train distance. The city of Amsterdam provides excellent living conditions and favorable tax conditions apply for expats. Dutch people have a good command of English and are internationally oriented.
- Application Deadline: January 1, 2014
- Interview Date: Interviews may take place at the AFA meeting or the AFFI meeting
- Contact Details: Mrs. D.S. Tielman
- Other Info: The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, in the range of € 3259,00 up to € 5070,00 gross per month (salary scales 11 and 12 for Assistant Professor) and in the range of € 4517,00 up to € 6039,00 gross per month (salary scales 13 and 14 for Associate Professor), based on a fulltime employment.
Applicants should send a CV, recent research publications and/or working papers, and letters of reference, by email to Mrs. D.S. Tielman, email@example.com