Assistant/Associate Professors of Finance
Title: Assistant/Associate Professors of Finance
- Reference #: 1300678-679
- Employer: University at Buffalo, School of Managem
- Website: http://mgt.buffalo.edu/faculty/academic/finance
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Amherst NY, USA
- Job Description: Two tenure-track positions are available in the area of finance and both positions will begin August 2014 on the faculty of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York School of Management. One position (#1300678) is a general finance position. The other position (#1300679) seeks a candidate within the area of financial research dealing with large data sets. In addition to performing finance research, this position is expected to foster collaboration with the faculty in engineering, mathematics, or computer science departments who are engaged in related big data work. Both positions will focus on instruction of finance at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and teaching may involve both digital access and traditional classroom delivery. Teaching interests in derivatives and/or international finance is a plus.
Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. in Finance or a closely related discipline in hand or (at the Assistant level) very near completion from a strong research university. Demonstrated performance in delivering effective teaching to both undergraduate and graduate students. Strong interest and capability to undertake scholarly research publishable in leading journals.
May submit job market paper, published papers and/or working papers. Also may submit student teaching evaluations. See special instructions to applicants in the posting information.
Candidates interested in either position must indicate specifically which position they are interested in by the posting number (1300678:General Finance or 1300679:Big Data), and must apply online at http://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu or copy-paste the following quick link(s) into their internet browser:
General Finance: httpwww.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56603.
Recommendation letters should be addressed to Search Co-chairs Chunchi Wu and Cristian Tiu and sent directly by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted at the January 2014 AFA meetings in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Interview Date: January 2014 AFA meetings in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Other Info: Candidates interested in either position must indicate specifically which position they are interested in by the posting number (1300678:General Finance or 1300679:Big Data), and recommendation letters should be addressed to Search Co-chairs Chunchi Wu and Cristian Tiu and sent directly by email to: email@example.com