Assistant, Associate and Full Professor
Title: Assistant, Associate and Full Professor
- Employer: The PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua Univ
- Website: http://www.pbcsf.tsinghua.edu.cn/
- Location: Beijing, China
- Job Description: The PBC School of Finance at Tsinghua University is now accepting applications for the positions of full professor, associate professor, and assistant professor in finance, starting in September 2014.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
The predecessor of the PBC School of Finance was the Graduate School of the People’s Bank of China, established in 1981 by the People’s Bank of China. The Graduate School was famous for its esteemed reputation, accomplished graduates, and positive interaction with the finance industry.
With the approval of the Ministry of Education, the People’s Bank of China collaborated with the leading Chinese university, Tsinghua University, to establish the PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University on the 29th of March, 2012.
Inheriting the glory of the Graduate School and building on the strong education foundation of Tsinghua University, the PBC School of Finance is committed to becoming a world-class financial institute, cultivating professional talent for the financial sector, and providing policy advice for the government. The school is calling for significant growth in the number of high-quality faculty members.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A PhD in finance or economics (at the rank of associate or full professor), the successful candidate will have demonstrated his/her ability to produce high-quality research.
- Candidates will be expected to have a track record of publications in top 10 academic journals and be capable of conducting high-level conferences on subjects related to finance.
- In addition, the successful candidate for the position of assistant professor may have obtained a PhD degree or be very close to completing one and may also have work on route to being published in top 10 academic journals.
- The school also values teaching as an essential and critical component of educational activities. Successful applicants will provide their teaching records and demonstrate desire and the capability of making a contribution in that regard by doing a trial lecture.
Reception at AFA:
The school is holding a reception event at 6:00 pm on Thursday the 2nd of January, 2014 at the Howe (Loews Philadelphia Hotel) during the AFA annual meeting in Philadelphia, the event is open to the public, and everyone is invited to come.
All applicants are required to electronically submit the following supporting documents (PDF) via email: cover letter; curriculum vitae; evidence of teaching excellence (e.g. teaching evaluation); up to five representative publications/working papers; and three confidential reference letters.
In addition, the confidential reference letters in PDF form should be emailed directly to the PBC School of Finance at recruitment @pbcsf.tsinghua.edu.cn. The original reference on headed notepaper may be requested at a later stage in the application process. The school will inform the applicants when such a situation arises. Applicants are advised to use their reference writers’ academic (university), official (government), or institutional (business) email addresses wherever possible.
The school will conduct interviews during the AFA annual meeting for applicants who are eligible for initial academic selection. The school will inform those applicants when such a situation arises.
Applicants should write “Position Applied_Name” as the subject of the email and submit supporting documents to the following address: recruitment @pbcsf.tsinghua.edu.cn.
- Application Deadline: Beijing Time (UTC +8) 8:00am Thursday the 5th of December 2013.
- Contact Details: +86 10 62798151
- Other Info:
Salary: In general, competitive salaries with benefit packages.