Title: Technical Manager
- Employer: American Institute of Certified Public
- Website: http://www.aicpa.org
- Location: Durham, NC 27707
- Job Description:
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the national, professional association of CPAs, with approximately 386,000 members, including CPAs in business and industry, public practice, government, and education; student affiliates; and international associates. We set ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies; federal, state and local governments; and non-profit organizations. We also develop and grade the Uniform CPA Examination.
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us.
Develop content for use in AICPA products (including CPE Group Study, CPE Self-Study Text and multi-format guidance resources) that address competency for the CPA profession in the areas of accounting, financial reporting, and audit and non-audit services. This position provides the guidance and knowledge professionals engaged in accounting, financial reporting, and audit and non-audit services need to ensure their competency and successful performance of the services they provide to their entities and clients.
Senior Technical Manager - Accounting & Auditing Content Development
• Develop content for use in products (including CPE Group Study, CPE Self-Study Text and multi-format guidance resources) that address competency for the CPA profession in the areas of accounting, financial reporting, and audit and non-audit services.
• Monitor activities of accounting and auditing standard setters and regulators to stay abreast of current developments and issues affecting the accounting profession.
• Coordinate and interact with the accounting and auditing standards teams, expert reviewers, and senior technical committees to ensure proper development of technical content.
• Ensure content follows technical guidelines for high-quality, consistent content development, and technical accuracy.
• Develop accounting and auditing content and products in accordance with revenue budget, COGS budget, and product schedules.
• Develop products pursuant to the direction set by the portfolio process.
• Develop CPE courses that are aligned with NASBA’s CPE standards.
• Develop and administer contracts and agreements for authors and independent contractors according to AICPA’s contract policy.
• Coordinate work between authors and technical reviewers to develop quality products according to schedule.
• Ensure content submitted by authors meet content specifications and milestones outlined in contracts/agreements.
• Ensure that technical reviewers meet review specifications and milestones outlined in contracts/agreements.
• Assess existing content and update as applicable.
• Develop product information for use in marketing and communication materials.
• As appropriate, prepare new product proposals through New Product Evaluation process.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Content/products are current and released according to schedule
• Revenue and COGS budgets are met or exceeded
• Quality assurance guidelines met or exceeded
• Customer Satisfaction
• Bachelor’s degree
• CPA license
• 5 to 8 years public accounting experience or equivalent
• 3 to 5 years of publishing experience working on professional, technical, and learning content (preferred but not required).
• Strong knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, and audit and non-audit services.
• Ability to develop content for learning and competency products including professional guidance resources for the CPA Profession.
• Ability to develop high quality and timely products under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external subject matter experts and influence decision making where appropriate.
• Knowledge of developing multi-format (print and digital) products.
• Knowledge of intellectual property law, copyright and best practices in author contracts and agreements.
• Expertise in author management including meeting contract obligations.
• Skilled in managing cross-functional groups including promotion of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
• Strong negotiation and consensus building skills.
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
• Ability to successfully multi-task and manage priorities.
• Strong project management skills.
• Availability for travel on as-needed basis.
• Masters in Accounting or equivalent degree
• Governmental A&A experience
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us. You can upload your resume and cover letter directly via our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AICPA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Contact Details: Sara Cooper, email@example.com