Assistant, Associate or Professor of Finance or Visiting Assistant, Associate or Professor of Financ
Title: Assistant, Associate or Professor of Finance or Visiting Assistant, Associate or Professor of Financ
- Reference #: Search #13370AB
- Employer: University of Oregon
- Website: http://lcb.uoregon.edu/
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Eugene, Oregon
- Job Description:
The Department of Finance at the Lundquist College of Business at the University of Oregon is seeking to fill one or more tenured or tenure-track faculty positions in finance. However, we are especially interested in hiring someone with some experience, though promising rookies will be given serious consideration. Appointment with tenure requires formal review. We will also consider visiting appointments at all ranks.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Lundquist College is committed to publishing research in top academic journals, providing a high level of service to students, and interacting with the professional community. Responsibilities include teaching finance courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels as well as supervising Ph.D. students. Promotion and tenure depend on the quality of research and teaching. The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Assistant Professor level: Completed or nearly completed Ph.D. degree with demonstrated potential for teaching and research excellence.
- Associate/Full Professor level: Ph.D. degree, demonstrated superior teaching competence and a record of scholarly accomplishment that includes publication in leading academic journals in economics and finance, including the AER, JF, JFE and comparable journals.
Preference given to applicants with experience.
The University of Oregon is an AA/EO/ADA institution committed to cultural diversity.
Send letter of interest, curriculum vitae, copies of research papers, evidence of teaching performance, and three letters of reference as PDF files to LCBjobs@uoregon.edu. (Please reference Search #13370AB).
- Application Deadline: Review of applications begins November 22, 2013 and continues until filled.
- Interview Date: AFA Meetings (Jan 3-5, 2014)
- Contact Details: LCBjobs@uoregon.edu