Content Developer/Writer (Finance)
Title: Content Developer/Writer (Finance)
- Employer: Cengage Learning
- Location: Belmont, CA
- Job Description:
Job Title: Content Developer/Writer (Finance)
The Learning Design Group at Cengage Learning is revolutionizing the student educational experience. We create online, interactive learning solutions that increase student effort and engagement in their high school and college courses. We have helped more than 4,700,000 students and over 15,000 instructors since 2002, and we are looking for eager individuals to join our innovative and collaborative team! We have an exciting opportunity for a Content Developer/Writer in the finance discipline.
As a Content Developer/Writer, you will author content for our finance online homework solution and play a key role in shaping our approach to digital solutions. The ideal candidate will have a deep pedagogical understanding of finance content aimed at higher education courses, creative ideas about how to engage students in complex topics, exemplary writing skills, and solid methodology for using a digital medium to enhance learning. For a closer look at the content we write, visit http://aplia.com/finance/ and try some of our demos.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in our Belmont, CA office.
• Write and develop online educational materials for undergraduate and MBA-level courses in corporate finance, financial management, and personal finance
• Work with other content developers to write, review, and update our existing online finance homework materials
• Serve as a subject matter expert in the finance discipline, advising colleagues and customers on learning design and product development for all course areas
• Advise the sales and support teams on any finance content-related issues and answer questions from both customers and internal stakeholders
Basic Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance
• At least 1 year of experience teaching undergraduate finance courses
• Demonstrated ability to write effective and engaging instructional materials under a deadline
• Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language
• Top-notch written and oral communication skills
• Computer savvy with the ability to quickly master technical skills to keep pace with an acute technical learning curve
• Dedicated and team-focused self-starter
• Must be flexible, able to deal with ambiguity, and adaptable to a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
• Must have an interest in digital education, with compassion and enthusiasm for student learning as a primary objective
• Master’s or PhD in finance
• 2+ years of experience teaching undergraduate or MBA-level courses in finance
• Teaching experience or at least 12+ semester hours of advanced coursework in accounting
• Experience working with offsite colleagues and teams in varying time zones
• Experience teaching online classes and/or developing online materials
To be considered, a cover letter is required to accompany your resume.