Title: FINANCIAL ANALSYT
- Employer: FlU -- Florida International University
- Location: Miami, Florida, United States, 33199
- Job Description:
Florida International University is a comprehensive university offering 340 majors in 188 degree programs in 23 colleges and schools, with innovative bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs across all disciplines including medicine, public health, law, journalism, hospitality, and architecture. FIU is Carnegie-designated as both a research university with high research activity and a community-engaged university. Located in the heart of the dynamic south Florida urban region, our multiple campuses serve over 50,000 students, placing FIU among the ten largest universities in the nation. Our annual research expenditures in excess of $100 million and our deep commitment to engagement have made FIU the go-to solutions center for issues ranging from local to global. FIU leads the nation in granting bachelor’s degrees, including in the STEM fields, to minority students and is first in awarding STEM master’s degrees to Hispanics. Our students, faculty, and staff reflect Miami’s diverse population, earning FIU the designation of Hispanic-Serving Institution. At FIU, we are proud to be ‘Worlds Ahead’! For more information about FIU, visit fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team of professionals.
• Assists the Director and Assistant Director with the preparation of the annual budget and forecast for the College of Medicine for all funds including E&G, Auxiliaries, Affiliations, and Foundation funds.
• Serves as primary support for the budget process that includes projected income and expenditures of all funding sources. Prepares periodic financial reports for the Assistant Director and others as required.
• Provides variance analysis for Education and General, Research Enhancement and discretionary funds to all department heads and senior management on a monthly basis. Investigate and resolve budget and expenditure variances.
• Duties include the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports to be presented to upper management and departmental managers. Builds relationship with units to help them manage and understand budgets by meeting with them monthly and providing them with the monthly financial reports.
• Provides detailed personnel analysis with the ability to categorize according to the current status of positions. Compares personnel by position, department and function to the budget and provides variance explanations.
• Reviews HR requests relative to the budget for approval by the Director.
• Prepares and monitors deposits/invoices for foundation, auxiliaries and affiliates. Generates periodic financial reports for the Director and others as required.
• Reviews and logs all foundation related expenses by area to ensure proper reconciling to the general ledger at month end close.
• Monitors and maintains scholarship accounts and balances for planning purposes. Prepares preliminary allocation and the amounts for distribution for scholarship committee in student affairs.
• Prepares payroll and budget transfers for E&G, Auxiliary, grants and other funds.
• Coordinates requests for new activities ids to support new initiatives within the College of Medicine.
• Serves as college-wide Pro Card Approver and monitors all Pro Card transactions, reconciles, and assures compliance to university policies and procedures.
• Reconciles online credit card payments for the College of Medicine.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned by supervisor. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialization and two years of experience.
• Experienced in Budgeting Processes and Financial Analysis. Microsoft office knowledge a must. PeopleSoft knowledge preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 506283. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/z3k2qhn