Financial Analyst 2
Title: Financial Analyst 2
- Employer: Renown
- Location: Reno, NV
- Job Description:
Responsible for design, development and maintenance of reporting systems with supporting subsystems to satisfy current and evolving analysis and reporting requirements to State and Federal agencies, Employer Groups, Benefit Consultants, Insurance Brokers, Medical Providers, and Renown/HHP departments.
Nature and Scope:
Job function requires an ongoing, direct communication with Managers, Directors and Executive Management in all departments.
All summary and analysis reporting projects must be mechanically, statistically and theoretically accurate.
Data analysis projects require summary, presentation and sometimes narrative to enhance the understanding of underlying trends, results and implications.
Specific responsibilities will include development, implementation and analysis of:
• Financial/accounting, marketing, membership, provider, claims, referral employer group and ad hoc reports.
• Health plan benefit structures, provider reimbursement arrangements, provider profiling, employer group financial statement and premium analyses, utilization, quality, and disease management reporting.
• Accountability performance measures (i.e., effectiveness, efficiency, cost-effectiveness.)
• Identifying and proposing action plans on noted health plan trends.
• Assisting the Reporting and Analysis (R&A) supervisor in daily operations to include assisting and training R&A Department staff and peer review of R&A reporting.
• Suggesting streamlining / process improvement possibilities.
• Ongoing review of detail reporting data to ensure data integrity.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies and HIPAA regulations.
Report requests which result in a standard report, to be re-run, after refinement, will be added to Information Systems Operating department’s routine reports schedule.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Sciences required. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. Requires expertise with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and proficiency with SQL.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year experience in financial analysis and/or accounting. Applicants with experience in a health care setting will be given preference
Computer / Typing: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Application Deadline: 5/25/2013
- Other Info:
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://renown.contacthr.com/28680021