Quant/ Risk Analyst
Title: Quant/ Risk Analyst
- Employer: A large HY Credit Hedge Fund
- Location: New York City
- Job Description:
Large High-Yield Credit Hedge Fund looking for a Quant/ Risk Analyst
We are a large alternative asset manager based in New York City. We manage a $5bln+ hedge fund, aside from other long-biased funds. We are looking to add a junior member to the Quant/ Risk team. The primary purpose of the group is to come up with portfolio construction and risk management ideas for a high-yield portfolio, and also suggest hedges, etc. The group is tiny, so the person needs to be able to work independently.
Hard working and great personality with the ability to work well within a team environment. Independent and creative with the proven ability to complete big projects in an unstructured environment. Comfortable managing internal and external contacts, as well as interacting with senior management. Ability to communicate complex ideas.
This New York-based position will be a detail-oriented role, with the following necessary requirements:
- Understand Risk management, portfolio construction, performance attribution. Working with portfolio-constituent data and relevant software packages.
- Several years of experience in finance, preferably in a fundamental environment (flexible). Experience in high-yield credit or other less liquid markets particularly desirable.
- Collecting, validating and manipulating datasets from various sources. High-level programming experience (SAS, MATLAB, STATA, R, VBA, etc.), working with databases. SQL.
- Solid understanding of statistics, its advantages and its drawbacks – regressions, non-linear models, etc. Experience implementing financial models. Using the above tools to answer investment questions. Able to suggest alternatives and come up with conclusions from the data.
- Ability to formulate action plan based on the project, gather data requirements, determine what is actionable and what is not, determine resources needed, and project timelines.
If interested, please reach out to email@example.com. We are currently actively interviewing candidates.
- Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org