Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor
Title: Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor
- Reference #: Odette School of Business, Finance Area
- Employer: University of Windsor
- Website: http://www.uwindsor.ca/faculty-staff
- Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Job Description:
The University of Windsor invites applications for a tenure-track position in the Odette School of Business in the area of Finance at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commencing July 1, 2013. This position is subject to final budgetary approval.
The University of Windsor is a medium-sized university with a solid reputation in teaching and research. The University of Windsor offers a friendly and supportive environment for both living and learning. It is Canada’s southernmost university and its border location provides unique cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities for faculty and students.
The Odette School of Business offers four-year business programs leading to an Honours Bachelor of Commerce, a three-year program leading to a Bachelor of Business Studies degree, and a two-year program leading to an Honours Bachelor of Commerce for University Graduates. It also offers a full-time MBA, an integrated MBA/LLB, and a Masters of Management. There are approximately 1500 full-time and 400 part-time undergraduate students, and 250 Masters-level students. The Business School has strong contacts with business and other academic institutions. The School has recently completed an expansion strategy with approximately 60 full-time faculty positions currently. The School also has subscription to major financial datasets including WRDS (Compustat, CRSP), Investtext, eStatement Studies, Infomart, and Edgar and houses a state-of-the-art trading room with Bloomberg access (12 terminals) and the Rotman Interactive Trader system (24 terminals). For further details about the Odette School of Business visit our website at http://www.uwindsor.ca/business.
Candidates for the position within the area of Finance must have completed (or be near completion of) a doctorate in Finance by the date of the appointment. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong potential to teach well at the undergraduate and graduate level, with a desire to continue teaching in the following course areas: Investments, Security Analysis and Valuation, as well as Corporate Finance.
Judgment regarding “potential” to excel in teaching and research will dominate the decision process for a candidate appointed at the Assistant Professor rank. Evidence of “superior performance” in teaching and research will dominate the decision process for a candidate appointed at the rank of Associate Professor. Substantial, relevant industry experience will also be taken into account.
Applications will include:
• a letter of application, including a statement of citizenship/immigration status;
• a detailed current curriculum vitae; a teaching dossier or evidence of teaching effectiveness that might include sample course outlines or teaching evaluations;
• a statement of teaching philosophy and research interests; samples of scholarly work; graduate transcripts if a recent graduate; and
• candidates applying for the rank of assistant professor must arrange for three current letters of reference to be forwarded by the referees to the Dean of Business
• candidates applying for the rank of associate professor must provide the names and contact information for three referees to the Dean of Business.
The short listed candidates may be invited to provide further information in support of their applications. To ensure full consideration, complete applications should be submitted by January 17, 2013 online at www.uwindsor.ca/faculty-staff. Any items that cannot be sent by email please mail to the address below.
Dr. Allan Conway, Dean, Odette School of Business
University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Ave., Windsor, Ontario N9B 3P4
Tel: 519-253-3000, Ext. 3091; Fax: 519-973-7073
- Application Deadline: 1/17/2013 - Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
- Contact Details: Dr. Allan Conway, firstname.lastname@example.org , 519-253-3000