Quantitative Equity Researcher
Title: Quantitative Equity Researcher
- Employer: CPP Investment Board
- Location: Toronto
- Job Description: Global Corporate Securities (GCS) is seeking innovative and creative individuals with high level research skills acquired via academic study or research experience within the investment industry.
The responsibilities of the Quantitative Equity Researcher are wide ranging and include, but are not necessarily limited to:
• Development of systematic factors for forecasting future security returns
• Research into methods and factors to better estimate portfolio risk
• Improvement of alpha capture via innovation in portfolio construction and optimization
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
• Evidence of ability to conduct high quality empirical research
• Experience in quantitative asset management would be an asset
• Expertise in portfolio theory and asset pricing
• Experience working with large data sets. Knowledge and experience working with equity data
• Excellent quantitative skills with an advanced degree in finance, economics, econometrics/ statistics, or applied math or physics
• Strong programming skills. Experience conducting quantitative research with tools such as Matlab and/or Python
• Passion for research and investment management. High degree of professionalism and integrity
The CPP Investment Board is a professional investment management organization that invests the funds not needed by the Canada Pension Plan to pay current benefits on behalf of 18 million Canadian contributors and beneficiaries. In order to build a diversified portfolio of CPP assets, the CPP Investment Board invests in public equities, private equities, real estate, inflation-linked bonds, infrastructure and fixed income instruments. Headquartered in Toronto, with offices in London and Hong Kong, the CPP Investment Board is governed and managed independently of the Canada Pension Plan and at arm's length from governments. For more information about the CPP Investment Board, please visit http://www.cppib.ca.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online through Job ID 159.
Candidates should indicate if they will be attending the 2013 ASSA conference in San Diego (Jan 4-6). CPPIB will be conducting interviews at the conference.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CPP Investment Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Other Info: Applicants are encouraged to apply online. However for additional queries, please contact Farzana Sheikh at 416-479-5585 or firstname.lastname@example.org