Assistant Professor in Finance
Title: Assistant Professor in Finance
- Employer: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Job Description: The Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee seeks applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position commencing in Fall 2013. The position will be at the rank of Assistant Professor in Finance.
Qualified applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Business Administration or closely related field, majoring in Finance (with specialization in Investments or Corporate Finance), or expect to complete the Ph.D. by August 2013. Candidate must also have a proven research record or indication of strong research potential, and show evidence of excellent teaching ability. Preferred qualifications include an excellent publication record, strong communication skills, and teaching and research experience specializing in Investments or Corporate Finance. The selected incumbent will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Investments or Corporate Finance, conduct research to publish in top-tier and highly regarded journals, and advise students, as well as perform other faculty committee duties to meet the educational mission of the School.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is a Doctoral/Research extensive university, is Wisconsin’s premier public urban university, and offers a comprehensive liberal arts and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level. UWM takes pride in being a student-centered institution that is deeply committed to academic excellence and diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff. UWM’s 93-acre campus is located on Milwaukee’s premier Upper East Side, one of the city’s most attractive residential areas and a few blocks from Lake Michigan. The Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business is accredited by the AACSB at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. It offers BBA, MBA, Executive MBA, MS, and Ph.D. degree programs. Additional information is available at our Web site: http://www.lubar.uwm.edu/
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Other Info: Candidates seeking consideration must apply online at http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/10766. Applicants must include in their online application a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and teaching evaluations. The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is an AA/EEO employer committed to diversity. Applicants from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. For the UWM Campus Security Report see http://www4.uwm.edu/safety/annual_security_report.cfm. All finalists for this position will require a criminal records review consistent with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
Questions or further information should be addressed to the Search Committee Chair – Associate Professor Valeriy Sibilkov at 414-229-4369 / email@example.com