Assistant and Associate Professors
Title: Assistant and Associate Professors
- Employer: VU University Amsterdam
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Job Description: The School of Finance and Risk Management at VU University Amsterdam seeks applicants in Finance at both junior (Assistant professor) or senior levels (Associate professor) to contribute to the group's ambition for excellence in research and teaching. We invite applicants from all areas of finance (asset pricing, corporate finance, risk management, banking).
Successful candidates hold a PhD degree or be close to completion and have a high potential in terms of academic research and teaching. For vacancies at senior levels, we require a demonstrated track record of high quality publications in peer reviewed top journals, such that applicants can qualify for fellowship of the Tinbergen Institute and Duisenberg school of finance.
About the Department
The Amsterdam School of Finance and Risk Management at VU University Amsterdam is a young ambitious group contributing to the school's undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, and executive level programs in finance and financial management. We host a large number of different nationalities to create a stimulating research environment with a focus on excellence. We are internationally oriented, and entertain many contacts with US and European academia. The group actively participates in Tinbergen Institute, one of Europe's top research institutes in economics and finance, and a founding partner of Duisenberg school of finance. More information: http://www.feweb.vu.nl/finance.
About the university
VU University Amsterdam is located near Amsterdam's new financial center (the 'Zuid-As'). The school has good contacts with the local and European financial industry. Amsterdam Schiphol international airport is at a convenient 10min train distance. The city of Amsterdam provides excellent living conditions and favorable tax conditions apply for expats. Dutch people have a good command of English and are internationally oriented. For additional information, please contact professors Albert Menkveld (email@example.com), Andre Lucas (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Ton Vorst (email@example.com).
- Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Other Info: Applicants should send a CV, recent research publications and/or working papers, and letters of reference, by email to Mrs. M. Gadourek, firstname.lastname@example.org.