Two Tenure-Track Assistant Professors
Title: Two Tenure-Track Assistant Professors
- Employer: University of Delaware
- Location: Newark, Delaware
- Job Description: Candidates must have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research. An extremely strong commitment to scholarly work and ongoing publication in top finance journals is required. The Department provides a highly-supportive research environment. Faculty members are expected to teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels and to contribute to the intellectual life of the university. Applicants for this position should have a Ph.D. or expect to complete their degree requirements prior to appointment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE: The Department of Finance is one of five departments in the Lerner College of Business and Economics, which serves approximately 2,800 undergraduate majors and over 600 graduate students. The Department currently has 13 full-time faculty members, including recent hires from the Universities of Chicago, Rochester and Washington and Washington University. The Department offers BS and MS degrees in Finance, and it also supports the Department of Economics’ PhD program and the College’s MBA programs. All degree programs are fully accredited by the AACSB. Support for research is excellent, including an attractive teaching load, a one-semester third-year research sabbatical, unusually strong database resources, access to a high-performance computing cluster, trading laboratory facilities, and other resources to support faculty research. For more information on the Department of Finance and the Lerner College of Business & Economics please visit http://www.lerner.udel.edu.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE: The University of Delaware is a major research university with extensive graduate programs that is also dedicated to outstanding undergraduate and professional education. The University serves about 17,000 undergraduate and 3,500 graduate students. It is situated in a “college town” environment on the I-95 corridor, close to Philadelphia.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members and Women. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html.
- Application Deadline: We will begin reviewing applications on November 1, 2012
- Other Info: Applicants should apply on-line at http://www.udel.edu/udjobs, and should carefully read the “Applicant Instructions” under the “Resources for Applicants” tab before submitting their application. You must upload a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names/contact information for three references (professional).
Important: Please also email all application items to FinanceRecruiting@udel.edu, and provide this address to your references. For additional information, contact Paul Laux, Recruiting Committee Chairperson (email@example.com). Salary for the position will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
We will be interviewing at the AFA meetings in San Diego in January 2013.