Title: Research Associate
- Employer: Moody’s Analytics
- Location: San Francisco and New York
- Job Description: Research Associate – Moody’s Analytics
*** We will be conducting interviews at the AFA/ASSA meetings in San Diego, California from January 4-6, 2013
Moody’s Analytics helps capital markets and risk management professionals worldwide respond to an evolving marketplace with confidence. The company offers unique tools and best practices for measuring and managing risk through expertise and experience in credit analysis, economic research and financial risk management. By providing leading-edge software, advisory services, and research, including the proprietary analysis of Moody’s Investors Service, Moody’s Analytics integrates and customizes its offerings to address specific business challenges. Moody's Analytics is a subsidiary of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), which reported revenue of $2.3 billion in 2011, employs approximately 6,500 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 28 countries. Further information is available at http://www.moodysanalytics.com.
We trace our root to Moody’s KMV Research group, a pioneer in quantification of credit risk. We construct quantitative models that estimate default and recovery risk, price credit instruments, enable credit portfolio management, assess commercial real estate risk, and facilitate asset and liability management. Our objective is to create models that are accurate and forward-looking, yet practical, robust, and transparent.
As a Research Associate, you will have the opportunity to join our Quantitative Research team in San Francisco or New York which has a rich history of providing leading edge research and thought leadership in the credit risk arena. As a part of this team, you will assist usto continue our innovation in credit risk research.
Locations: Research Associate position opportunities are available in San Francisco and New York Moody’s Corporation locations.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research on measurements of credit risk, fixed income valuation, commercial real estate research, and enterprise risk management;
• Coordinating with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects;
• Providing research support to the firm's prototype implementation and software development activities;
• Assisting our marketing and client service teams and clients on the education and implementation of risk management technology;
• Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally and externally.
• Ph. D., or have completed all coursework required by a Ph.D. program, in Business, Finance, Economics, or a closely related field;
• 2+ years of research experience in asset pricing and/or corporate finance;
• Experience with statistical analysis and programming tools such as SAS, or Matlab;
• Experience with Compustat, CRSP or other related financial databases;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
For more information on Moody’s Analytics please visit: Company: http://www.moodysanalytics.com
Our Research Group: http://www.moodysanalytics.com/Insight/Quantitative-Research.aspx
We will be conducting interviews at the AFA/ASSA meetings in San Diego, California from January 4-6, 2013
Interested applicants should submit the following:
1. Curriculum vitae and cover letter
2. Copy of dissertation proposal or a completed dissertation and copies of relevant research papers
3. Reference letters if you have them
- Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Other Info: ** Please email the requested items to Moody's at Human.Resources@moodys.com
**Must indicate in the subject line "Research Associate AEA” to be considered for the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. Moody's takes pride in maintaining a balanced and diverse workforce and actively seeks out people who enrich our talent pool.