Faculty Positions in Finance (all levels)
Title: Faculty Positions in Finance (all levels)
- Employer: The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Location: Hong Kong SAR, China
- Job Description: The School of Business and Management of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST Business School) invites applications for positions in its Department of Finance. The positions are open to Assistant, Associate and Full Professor ranks. Applicants for senior ranks must have demonstrated competence in high quality research as evidenced by publications in major journals and strong evidence of continuing research performance.
Founded in 1991, the HKUST Business School has grown rapidly since its establishment and has become a leading business school in the Asia-Pacific region. It is the first business school in Asia to be accredited by both AACSB and EQUIS. The School is repeatedly ranked top in the world by the Financial Times in its annual MBA and EMBA rankings, being ranked No. 10 for the MBA program in 2012, and No. 1 for the Kellogg-HKUST EMBA program during the last three years. HKUST is ranked amongst the top 25 institutions in the ASU Finance research rankings, and No. 1 in Asia-Pacific. The School has six departments and 140 top scholars on its faculty. It offers courses at the undergraduate, MBA, MSc, and PhD levels. All courses are taught in English.
The Department of Finance has excellent computing facilities and maintains a large number of financial databases, e.g. WRDS, CRSP, Compustat, Worldscope, IBES, SDC Platinum (M&A), IFR Platinum, TAQ, CEIC and HKEx tick data. Bloomberg, Datastream and Thomson Reuters terminals are also readily accessible. Plentiful research funds are available to the faculty to support research activities and conference travel.
Salary: Salaries are very competitive with generous fringe benefits. Assistance in housing will be provided where applicable. Initial appointments will normally be on a three-year contract, renewable subject to mutual agreement. A gratuity will be payable on satisfactory completion of the contract.
- Application Deadline: 11/30/2012
- Other Info: HKUST will be interviewing at the 2013 AFA Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA, January 4-6, 2013.
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, recent publications or research papers, and three letters of recommendation by email no later than November 30, 2012. Please send application materials in PDF file to: