Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Finance
Title: Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Finance
- Employer: Wake Forest University
- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Job Description: The Schools of Business at Wake Forest University is seeking a candidate for a non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Professor of Practice, Lecturer, or Clinical Professor with teaching expertise in the areas of corporate finance and investments, to begin July 1, 2013.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: We seek qualified candidates who will teach at a level of quality consistent with Wake Forest University’s high standards. The candidate will be expected to teach a total of six semester length courses per year across our undergraduate and graduate programs. Our undergraduate program is on the Winston-Salem campus, while we have graduate programs on both the Winston-Salem and Charlotte campuses. Credentials and experience appropriate for professionally qualified status (e.g., finance graduate degree, and recent relevant practical experience at a senior level) is required for the Professor of Practice position. To qualify for the Lecturer or Clinical Professor position, you must be academically qualified. The initial appointment may be for up to three years, with reappointment at the end of the second year.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Wake Forest University is a private, coeducational institution dedicated to academic excellence in liberal arts, graduate and professional education. Founded in 1834, the University is ranked among the top thirty national universities. With 4,300 undergraduates and 2,200 graduate and professional students, the student-faculty ratio is 10:1. Wake Forest is a collegiate university offering a vibrant intellectual community with a rich cultural life, an impressive array of facilities and an active athletics community. From its founding, the university adopted the motto “pro humanitate” which is exemplified by a deep institutional commitment to public service and engagement with the world. For quick facts about the University, go to http://www.wfu.edu/visitors/quickfacts.html
ABOUT THE AREA: Wake Forest is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina – part of the beautiful Piedmont Triad metropolitan region which has a population of more than 1.5 million and is listed among the top 35 best places to live in North America by Cities Ranked and Rated. Known as the state’s “City of the Arts”, Winston-Salem offers a vast array of arts experiences ranging from music venues to galleries to theatre and film festivals. The city is also ranked among the top 50 US cities for affordability on national surveys.
Wake Forest University welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from women and minorities. Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
- Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Other Info: APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For more information on the Schools of Business and Wake Forest University, please visit http://www.business.wfu.edu. For application instructions, please visit the Wake Forest Employment site at https://wakejobs.silkroad.com/. We will only be accepting applications submitted through the Wake Forest Employment website. Questions about the positions may be addressed to the Search Committee at email@example.com. Review of vitae will begin immediately. Interviews will be held at the FMA meetings in October 2012 and the AFA meetings in January 2013. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.