Tenure-Track or Tenured Faulty Position in Finance
Title: Tenure-Track or Tenured Faulty Position in Finance
- Employer: Wake Forest University
- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Job Description: The Schools of Business at Wake Forest University is seeking a candidate for a tenured, or tenure-track, faculty position at the rank of Senior Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in the area of corporate finance, to begin July 1, 2013.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: We seek candidates with a minimum of three years of experience as an academic who will conduct research and teach at a level of quality consistent with Wake Forest University’s high standards. The candidate’s research should have demonstrated the ability to make an impact on the discipline, via publications in top-tier journals, in addition to the practice of finance. We are interested in individuals who can interact effectively with others and enhance the intellectual environment of the school.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Wake Forest University is a private, coeducational institution dedicated to academic excellence in liberal arts, graduate and professional education. Founded in 1834, the University is ranked among the top thirty national universities. With 4,300 undergraduates and 2,200 graduate and professional students, the student-faculty ration is 10:1. Wake Forest is a collegiate university offering a vibrant intellectual community with a rich cultural life, an impressive array of facilities and an active athletics community. From its founding, the university adopted the motto “pro humanitate” which is exemplified by a deep institutional commitment to public service and engagement with the world. For quick facts about the University, go to http://www.wfu.edu/visitors/quickfacts.html
ABOUT THE AREA: Wake Forest is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina – part of the beautiful Piedmont Triad metropolitan region which has a population of more than 1.5 million and is listed among the top 35 best places to live in North America by Cities Ranked and Rated. Known as the state’s “City of the Arts”, Winston-Salem offers a vast array of arts experiences ranging from music venues to galleries to theatre and film festivals. The city is also ranked among the top 50 US cities for affordability on national surveys.
Wake Forest University welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from women and minorities. Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
- Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Other Info: APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For application instructions, please visit the Wake Forest Employment site at https://wakejobs.silkroad.com/. We will only be accepting applications submitted through the Wake Forest Employment website. Questions about the positions may be addressed to the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of vitae will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will be held at the FMA meetings in October 2012 and the AFA meetings in January 2013.