Swissquote Conference 2013 on Commodities and Energy
- Institution Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Event Type Conference
- Date November 01, 2013 - November 02, 2013
- Time 8.30 (Note: this is a one-day event)
- Venue Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Location Forum Rolex Learning Center
In recent years, huge investments have flown into commodities and energy markets. This development has stimulated academic research and policy debates on the economic effects of the financialization of commodities and energy. Topics include the role of speculation in oil markets, design and modeling of efficient electricity markets, effects of financialization versus effects of rising demand for commodities, and others. This conference brings together different perspectives on the financialization of commodities and energy markets. It features presentations by leading experts and scholars in the field. The event addresses academics and practitioners, and aims to foster the interaction among individuals and across institutions.
PLEASE NOTE: this is a one-day conference that starts and ends on November 1, 2013.
- Booking Details
Participation is free but places at this conference are limited, registration at http://sfi.epfl.ch/swissquote-conference.
- Cost (USD) No participation fee
- Registration Deadline10-15-2013
- Website http://sfi.epfl.ch/swissquote-conference
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email email@example.com
- Share Event