2nd MoFiR Workshop on Banking
- Institution Università Politecnica delle Marche and MoFiR
- Event Type Course/Workshop
- Date March 07, 2013 - March 08, 2013
- Venue Ancona (Italy)
- Location Faculty of Economics Piazzale Martelli 8 Ancona 60121 Italy
Five years have passed since the onset of the global financial crisis, which started in the US sub-prime mortgage sector but has worked its way through the global financial system and is now threatening banking systems and states across Europe.
Developments in the run-up to the crisis, the numerous events that made up the crisis itself, and the policy response have all been the object of a lively debate that continues to date. Gradually this debate is becoming more forward-looking as academics and policy makers try to sketch the outlines of a new global financial system.
The aim of the 2nd MoFiR Workshop on Banking is to bring together scholars in banking and finance to discuss the causes, transmission mechanisms, and consequences of the crisis, focusing also on the policy implications for the current situation and the potential reforms.
The organizing committee invites the submission of full papers or extended abstracts on the following themes:
• Financial sector fragility, contagion, safety nets, and crises;
• The (dis-)advantages of cross-border banking;
• Liquidity management and provision by financial intermediaries;
• Banks’ organizational models, informational asymmetries and distance;
• Bank lending, entrepreneurial finance and firm growth;
• Experiments in banking.
Submissions may be sent to email@example.com by October 30, 2012. Papers will be selected by the Scientific Committee and corresponding authors will be notified of eventual acceptance by December 20, 2012. There is no submission fee.
The keynote speaker will be Philip E. Strahan (Boston College)
- Booking Details
Martin Brown (University of St. Gallen)
Riccardo de Bonis (Bank of Italy)
Ralph De Haas (EBRD)
Raoul Minetti (Michigan State University)
Alexander Popov (ECB)
Alberto F. Pozzolo (Università del Molise)
Andrea F. Presbitero (Università Politecnica delle Marche)
Zeno Rotondi (Unicredit Bank)
Alberto Zazzaro (Università Politecnica delle Marche)
- Submission Deadline10-30-2012
- Website https://sites.google.com/site/mofirunivpm/home/events/workshop2013
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share Event