Call for papers special issue Journal of Corporate Finance:
- Institution Tilburg University
- Event Type Call for Paper
- Date February 15, 2013 - February 16, 2013
Additional info: “INSIDE THE BOARD ROOM“;
Recent events suggests that there is still a lot we do not know about board dynamics as well as other issues relating to the functioning, the effectiveness and efficiency of corporate boards. The purpose of this special issue is to shed further light on this.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Executive and non-executive directors’ networks, social and family ties. Do they impede board independence or do they generate shareholder value?
- Gender diversity and its impact on financial performance, risk taking and decision making.
- Behavioural and cultural issues such as excessive loyalty to the CEO and the effect of religion on risk taking.
- Conflicts of interests in the boardroom such as those that may underlie insider trading and the framing of information published by the company
- Boardroom committees: useful or waste of time?
- CEO and boardroom succession decisions
- The labour market for executive directors and/or non-executive directors. Are directors rewarded (punished) for good (bad) decisions? Do labour markets have a memory of directors’ past track record?
- Shareholder and bank representation on boards.
- Director versus shareholder primacy
- The role of consultants to the board
- Corporate decision making and board supervision.
Deadline : 15 Feb 2013: submission papers
Editor special issue: Prof. Marc Goergen and Prof. Luc Renneboog
Please send manuscripts to:
GoergenM@cardiff.ac.uk or Luc.Renneboog@uvt.nl
- Submission Deadline02-15-2013
- Website http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-corporate-finance/
- Email Luc.Renneboog@uvt.nl
- Share Event