21st Mitsui Finance Symposium: Labor and Finance
- Institution University of Michigan
- Event Type Call for Paper
- Date June 13, 2013 - June 15, 2013
- Venue Ross School of Business
- Location 701 Tappan Street Ann Arbor 48109 US
We invite paper submissions on labor issues that influence corporate finance. Possible labor issues include, but are not limited to:
• Frictions in the labor market
• Labor productivity and human capital
• Labor unions, labor laws, and regulations
• Employee incentives
• Worker mobility and labor turnover
Active audience participation has been the norm at past symposiums and is encouraged again this year. Each paper will be assigned to a discussant. All participants are expected to stay during the entire conference, which begins with a reception on Thursday evening, June 13, and ends with lunch, Saturday, June 15, 2013.
Two awards will be given out for best discussion ($2500 each). Awards are based on anonymous votes of the participants at the end of the final session and will be announced at lunch on Saturday.
PAPER SUBMISSIONS: Authors are invited to electronically submit papers (PDF format) by February 18, 2013. Each paper should contain an abstract and provide the author(s) full affiliation(s) and contact information. Authors of accepted papers will be notified in early April, 2013. Travel and accommodations will be paid for speakers and discussants. To submit a paper, visit: http://www.bus.umich.edu/MitsuiSubmit. Questions can be addressed to: email@example.com
CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE: E. Han Kim (Chair), Ing-Haw Cheng, Amiyatosh Purnanandam, and Martin Schmalz.
- Submission Deadline02-18-2013
- Website http://www.bus.umich.edu/conferences/2013-Mitsui-Finance-Symposium
- Email MitsuiCenter@umich.edu