Call for Papers for the Journal of Corporate Finance: Conference on the Governance of Family Firms
- Institution Renmin University Business School (China) and the Wendel International Centre of Family EnterpriseINSEAD (France)
- Event Type Call for Paper
- Date June 27, 2013 - June 28, 2013
- Venue Beijing, China
- Location Beijing 100872 China
Renmin University Business School (China) and the Wendel International Centre of Family EnterpriseINSEAD (France) will co-organize a conference on the Governance of Family Firms in Beijing, China on June 28-29, 2013. From the papers presented at the conference, the Journal of Corporate Finance plans to publish a special issue. We invite papers for presentation at the conference covering all aspects of family firms. In particular, we are interested in innovative papers that test new hypotheses on the organization, governance and finance of family firms; cross disciplinary papers that examine psychological, managerial, and cultural factors that impact family firm behavior; and, papers that push the boundary of research to emerging markets and developing economies.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Why the family-firm organization?
- What unique assets do families bring to business and how do these provide a foundation for business strategies and competitive advantage?
- Which challengesare there to the sustainability of family firms? How do family firms overcome the various family, industry, market, and institutional obstacles?
- Succession infamily firms
- The roles of family psychology, values, culture and norms in family firms
- Causes and effects of ownership structures of family firms
- Investment, financing, and payout policies of family firms
- Family firms and managerial style
- Executive compensation policy of family firms
- Corporate governance mechanisms that work for family firms
- Family firms and networks
- Family governance: decision rights allocation within a business family and how it affects performance?
- Booking Details
Papers should be prepared in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Authors wishing to have their paper considered for publication in the Special Issue of Journal of Corporate Finance must indicate this on their conference submission. Authors are expected to submit their work no later than March 15, 2013.
- Submission Deadline03-15-2013
- Website http://jcf.rbs.org.cn
- Email email@example.com
- Share Event